NEW Hemangiosarcoma Cancer Treatment extends life for treated dogs!
• Hemangiosarcoma is a form of malignant cancer.
• The most common location of this tumor is the spleen, but tumors can grow anywhere blood vessels are present and can spread ...
PROS AND CONS OF NEUTERING DOGS
• If you own an intact male dog, you may be wondering if you should neuter or not neuter him.
• There are a lot of strong opinions about the procedure— people against neutering on one side and people for ...
CANINE AND FELINE HEARTWORM
• Most Americans love their pets and consider them family members. Likewise, most clients would not knowingly expose a pet to infection with a potentially fatal disease
• Yet millions of owners who fail to protect ...
Canine Lyme disease-Companion Animal Parasite Council -CAPC
• Lyme disease in dogs is showing up in places it didn’t used to.
• That could mean humans are at increased risk for catching a disease that’s already on the rise in dogs.
• The ...
• Like dogs, cats look very different from people but share many of our body’s characteristics, such as a circulatory system, lungs, a digestive tract, a nervous system, etc.
• There are many different breeds of cats, including ...
NEW CAT OWNERS
• Cats make great companions. Not only do they look good, they also keep mice away (if you are lucky) and have built-in motors.
• But there's more to owning a cat than having a cute, soft, purring companion. Before you get one, ...
Your Animal’s Weight
• Though a few extra pounds may seem like they can't hurt, obesity can be a life-threatening condition for your pet.
• Excess weight in pets can lead to osteoarthritis, high blood pressure, heart and respiratory ...
What to feed your pet rabbit
• When it comes to feeding rabbits, many people have it all wrong thanks to Bugs Bunny and every other image that pairs rabbits with carrots.
• In reality, domesticated rabbits thrive on a diet that consists of ...
IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR!
• Some dogs just love to go on car trips. It doesn’t matter where to, they just want to be with the family.
• If the car trip is to run errands, even quick stops, it is best to leave your dog safely at home where it ...
• Leptospirosis (lepto) is an infectious disease caused by a type of bacteria called Leptospira.
• The disease causes serious damage to the kidney and liver, and may be fatal in severe cases.
• Leptospirosis is a zoonotic ...