In order to maintain social distancing during this COVID-19 pandemic, we will be seeing patients for the following conditions:
- Significant Behavior Change (induced by pain, severe anxiety, illness, etc.)
- Puppies and Kittens for necessary immunization completion
- Baby Ferrets to complete vaccination against distemper and rabies
- Vaccinations for potential zoonotic diseases (Rabies, Leptospirosis)
Other issues will need to be discussed and approved by the medical staff before scheduling. These can include:
- spay/neuter timing
- dental care – needed for pain vs. prophylactically
- non-reactive or not enlarging masses
Testing required for illness identification (vector borne) or prevention of contamination/disease (fecals, urinalyses, etc.) will continue.
We will also consider not separating each vaccine by 2 week intervals for annual or triennial boosters for adults who have never had vaccination reactions. Please ask for your case to be reviewed by medical staff when calling to schedule an appointment.
Thank you for your assistance with these variations of protocols necessitated by maintaining staff and client health at this time.